March Monthly Meeting - Tuesday March 10, 2009 - Dave Shuck on Painting Yourself Out of a Procedural Corner
Make sure to join us Tuesday, March 10 for our regular monthly meeting. Dave Shuck will be presenting "Painting Yourself Out of a Procedural Corner". The is a real world example of how an organically growing procedural application can become a maintenence nightmare, and how using objects and inheritance can help solve a real world problem. This is not about frameworks, or application flow, but how using business objects can lower your blood pressure!
As always, our first hour will be devoted to "intro" ColdFusion topics. the following topics are the slate for this meeting :
- Stopping form spam without making your users do the work.
- Using a simple bean, how to get data, set data, and return snapshots of the data.
See you there!
Posted on March 5, 2009 | Read More »
Adobe is delighted to offer the Dallas Ft. Worth ColdFusion User Group (DFWCFUG) members special pricing on Adobe software. Place your order before March 2, 2009, in order to save 20% on all Adobe products in the North America online Adobe Store.
Here are the simple steps required to get your discount:
1) Visit http://www.adobe.com/go/
2) A custom Adobe Store URL with an embedded coupon code will be e-mailed to you.
3) The custom URL can be used only one time, and only by the requester. Additional program terms and conditions are detailed at the URL referenced above.
If you have additional questions or would prefer to place your order by phone, contact Adobe at 800-585-0774.
Posted on February 17, 2009 | Read More »